Breskin Johnson & Townsend (BJT) seeks an associate attorney to join our firm’s mission of strengthening workplace rights of employees and protecting consumers. BJT represents employees in individual and class action cases aimed at promoting equality, dignity and fairness in the workplace, including discrimination and harassment cases, wage and hour class actions, and various other employment-related disputes such as non-competes and severance negotiations. BJT also represents consumers in Consumer Protection Act cases, class actions, and arbitrations, and represents small businesses and business owners in a variety of civil litigation.
BJT seeks a talented associate attorney who is committed to our mission. The associate will work with the other five attorneys at BJT on all phases of litigation from intake to trial (or arbitration), negotiations, and appeal. Applicants should ideally have:
• at least 2-5 years of experience in civil litigation
• an exceptional academic background
• experience in, or a demonstrated passion for, employment and/or consumer rights
• skills and experience working directly with clients, drafting briefs, handling discovery, and taking depositions
• excellent research and writing skills
• admission to the Washington State Bar Association
• a commitment to justice for workers and consumers
Prior civil litigation experience is required.
BJT values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Anticipated start date for this position is early to mid-2022. Interested candidates who meet the qualifications should email your resume, cover letter, law school transcript, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.