The Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals is recruiting for Industrial Appeals Review/Mediation Judges.
Salary Range: Effective 7/1/22 - $106,152 – 114,360. Employees assigned to the Seattle Office receive an additional 5% premium pay.
Location: This recruitment pool will be used to fill positions in Lakewood, Olympia, Seattle, Spokane, and Yakima.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Review written proposed decisions and orders of Industrial Appeals Judges, motions for stay of benefits, motions for stay of abatement, and applications for approval of claim resolution settlement agreements.
· Recommend action to the Board in written memoranda.
· Draft final orders for signature of the Board.
· Conduct mediation and settlement conferences and prepare orders on agreement of parties.
· Must be an active or judicial member of the Washington State Bar Association.
· Significant knowledge and experience in Washington State Industrial Insurance law.
· Significant experience as a presiding officer or attorney in proceedings before state or federal tribunals in which the rules of evidence are followed.
The BIIA is most interested in candidates who have relevant experience, skills and abilities:
Excellent legal writing skills.
Clear and effective oral communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to research and apply appropriate laws, rules and procedures.
Demonstrated ability to conduct mediation conferences while maintaining order and exhibiting judicial temperament and demeanor.
Demonstrated ability to maintain and manage a mediation caseload to effectively and efficiently use the resources of the agency.
Demonstrated advanced litigation management skills, particularly in complex litigation involving diverse interests advocated by multiple skilled professionals.
Demonstrated ability to rule on admissibility of evidence and procedural issues consistent with pertinent law and procedural rules and develop a record that is sufficient for decision.
Demonstrated ability to discern and sift through jurisdictional details.
Fluency in languages in addition to English.
Demonstrated ability to use computers and software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and other computer programs.
Demonstrated ability to act in a professional and ethical manner and treat all people with dignity and courtesy.
Demonstrated ability to meet performance standards, deadlines, and work schedules.
View the job announcement here: http://www.biia.wa.gov/Jobs.html
Please contact Christy Sterling, HR Manager, at Christy.email@example.com or 360-753-6823, ext. 1123 if you have any questions.